Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Douchbags and dating, they're everywhere!" © 2011 Matthew P. Lazin

The title of this book is dedicated to Jen Koskela and Jamie Latorra who originally came up with the title as it exists today.  I had been kicking around the idea of writing a dating book for years.  Eventually, as the stories accumulated and accumulated, it gradually became both an anecdotal story and cautionary tale.  Gradually, I will be publishing portions of this book and excerpts onto this blog.  The idea came about from a few female friends who kept coming to me asking me why they kept meeting "douchbags."  Everybody has a different definition of exactly who douchbags are, how they operate, and who can be considered to be one.
For the purposes of my book, they can simply be classified loosely as someone that you have either an unusual or unpleasant experience with while dating.  As I set out to find some honest and sincere answers to the questions of my female friends, I soon found story after story of almost utter chaos and destruction.  They were quite literally everywhere!  If you have a story about a particular Douchbag that you know or have known, please feel free to get it off your chest.  Anything goes!  However, please no curse words or at least edit them with symbols like so:  f@#$!  I know that these words can sometimes be key to illustrating the point of a story so feel free to include them, but I would like to keep the page semi-clean as your story could contain valuable information for younger generations.  If you really feel like you have to get something out there raw or un-edited, please feel free to email it to me directly for help.  Every story in the book has been edited to protect the actual identities of individual involved, because let's face it, people can and will change.  It's not so much about taking other people down, as it is more about building yourself up from what you have experienced.  Have you dated a douchbag?  Please tell us your story.  Thanks and much love,

Matthew P. Lazin

Note to publishers:  This book is a completed work, ready for publishing and open to optioning, for sale or distribution.  Please email with any inquiries.  Thanks!

April 29th 2010 9pm
Within a few minutes of meeting Stephy, I could tell that I already liked her.  She has a kind of witty sarcasm that she can deliver with a deadpan sincerity that keeps you going for a couple of moments before she lets you off the hook with a laugh.  I asked her if I could write about her here and surprisingly she gave me permission to write about her using her real first name.  The particular reason I chose to write about her is that she is very unique.  She uses the word douchbag as a term of endearment.  Not that she doesn't use it in other ways, but that she is more strongly capable in herself and others that she uses this and other not usually nice words also as terms of endearment.  So there you have it, a new discovery.  When ever I mention this particular book/writing project to women, I am instantly told without fail, "Oh, I could tell you a bunch of stories about douchbags I know."  That is what compelled me to write it.  The more and more I dig into it, the more startling and surprising stories I discover.  So if you ever meet Stephy, don't be alarmed if she happens to call you a douchbag.  She is strongly capable in her use of the word, and as another man or woman, so should you be too.  Sure many other women may in fact do this same thing too, but in so far as I know she is the only one I have met who uses the word in such a playful and carefree way.  More stories to come. Please tell me yours.  - Matthew

1 comment:

  1. Weszt Hart
    Quote of the day: "Any man who talks about how
    they respect women is a douche bag" (from a woman)

    ReplyDelete